Content Advisory

Warning: The Content of this Blog may contain profanity, adult situations, sexual references, and is intended for people who are at least 18 or older or with parental approval. Thank you and enjoy! Smile

My Rant

     In light of recent news stories such as Paula Deen and the Zimmerman trial I feel the need to rant.  First off, before you all start hating on me for what I'm going to bitch about, know this, I am a minority, not by my race but by way of physical disability.  I have cerebral palsy. Oh, before you guys say omg you have no idea what it's like for a "real" minority. Yes I do.  I have been discriminated against. I have been chased down by people on motor bikes trying to kill me just because I walk different.  I have been called all sorts of derogatory names.  I look at the word retarded the same way an African American looks at the N word, it's a disgusting word to me.  So now that I have said all of that it is time for my rant.
     I am getting so sick and tired hearing the "race card" get played for everything when it comes to black people. For instance, Paula Deen used the N word 30 years ago and has now lost everything because of a word she used 30 YEARS ago. Really? C'mon now. When it comes to Zimmerman I almost had to laugh because Zimmerman is NOT a white Hispanic.  There is no such thing as a white Hispanic.  He is straight up Hispanic and whether or not you think he is guilty, he did not "profile" Trayvon because he was black.  Race had nothing to do with it.  It was because some TEENAGER was walking around looking suspicious and there had been prior break ins in that neighborhood.  I would have done the same regardless of race just because teenagers are known to cause trouble.
     I'm just saying that the "race card" gets flung around way too often.  No matter what, the answer is always "oh, it's because I'm black that they are against me"  I got news for ya, race isn't the problem most of the time.  It's probably because either you're an asshole or something else.  Ok, so your ancestors were slaves at one time.  Get over yourselves! It's not happening any more.  You don't see any other group of people bitching about discrimination.  The native Americans were slaughtered and given disease and treated just like the slaves were but you never hear on the news "It was because I am Native".  Americans rounded up the Japanese and put them in camps and we nuked them and still not one peep.  Last example, disabled people have had horrific things done to them since the beginning of time. They've been killed, experimented on, shunned, abused and or locked away. They were also the first rounded up in Nazi Germany.  If any group had a right to bitch it's disabled people but for the most part you don't hear much about discrimination against them. 
     I know I will probably get called a racist for this rant but I'm really not.  I'm just fed up with the racism excuse.  To me, it's like the boy who cried wolf.  Pretty soon it'll lose it's effectiveness and when real racism happens to anyone it'll be a joke and no one will actually take it seriously.  I don't want to see that happen.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. The word "racism" is terribly abused. I'm sick of it, too. Black people want equality but aren't willing to accept that. They want to be separated and given special treatment. That's not equality.

Popular Posts