Content Advisory

Warning: The Content of this Blog may contain profanity, adult situations, sexual references, and is intended for people who are at least 18 or older or with parental approval. Thank you and enjoy! Smile

Favorite time of the year

This is my favorite time of the year I know I sound all mushy but I love the warmth and the way people come together. I love the Christmas songs. My favorite song is rockin round the Christmas tree or Jingle bell rock. I love the oldie Christmas songs by like Bing Crosby and them you know. One of my fantasies is to have a house in the country and have a huge Christmas tree and have it all lit up with hundreds of lights and Christmas music in the background while sitting next to my fire place drinking egg nog with my friends and or family around. How cheesy is that? It’s just such a pretty time with all the lights. I’m getting excited.The only thing that sucks is putting up my tree.
     I'm really anal when it comes to the tree and it takes a few days to put it up. First we turn on WLTE 102.9 which is our Christmas station here in Minnesota.Then we haul out all the Christmas boxes. We have to shape each and every branch.  Once we get the tree put together we start the lights.  We put on strings of 180 LED multi-color lights.  We put on 10-12 strands.  We start going on the inside all the way up the tree and then go around the outside.  Once thats done, we put on silver garland.  Then we put on the angel.  Finally the ornaments!
     While John and Xavier start on the tree I clear off the dining room table, take down our clock, and some pictures on the wall.  I put the tablecloth on and put up the manger and figures.  I then put up the stocking hanger and the Christmas tune clock.  I want to get a new one.  This is the one I want.  After doing that I hang up some decorations on the wall and put others out here and there.  I then go help with the tree.
Our traditions are as follows:

  • Have to watch Charlie Brown Christmas special
  • 1 Christmas movie a night
  • advent calendar
  • (For me) before bed sit in the dark with only the tree lit with my cat listening to Christmas music drinking eggnog
  • we dance to the music every now and then while we put up the tree
  • Have to watch Rudolph
  • every year somebody always gets a present in "the box" which is a really ugly old box that we've had for decades. lol

Im sure we have more I just cant think. I would like to go to Macy's this year to see their holiday setup in Downtown.

Well thats about it. I shall talk to you guys more soon!

0 comments:

Popular Posts